- the children are more lively
- the children are more confident relating with adults
- the children are able to express themselves better
- many of the children are striving for higher grades now compared to before
- the children dream big(ger) now more than ever before (one of them wanted to just pass Grade 3 because that was where his mom stopped schooling!)
- the children are more artistic and creative (many of the children whom we tutor won in a contest and their art is featured in a 2013 calendar)
- the children dress better and generally look better than when we started
- people have been so tremendously generous with this service and most of the time, they just donate toys / money / school materials / clothes without even being asked!
- God provides. We noticed that many times, when the tutor volunteers are few, the children will have some kind of makeup class in school so only a few come!!! So we don't get too many children per tutor. Thank you Lord! We also got to go to many neat places in these 4 years without much fundraising at all (Manila Ocean Park, Planetarium, Science Center, National Museum, Intramuros, Museo Pambata etc) and many of these establishments gave us free passes or discounts, wow right?
- The children make us laugh with their unexpected antics.
- When you work with children, you get younger (in heart and in looks!).
- We get to meet new people (the children, other volunteers, families of kids).
- We develop a heart of compassion for the children and their families, as well as the public educational system.
- We get to flex our patience muscles and make them bigger ;)
- We get to go see fun places!
- We get better at relating with children.
- We get to share what we know and have a sense of fulfillment from that.
- We get to try something new.
- We get challenged to handle more than one child (not for beginners, don't worry!)
- If you're single, the chance to be with children. If you want to have a child one day, this is the perfect practice activity!
- If you're a parent, this is a way to learn and grow in your skills.
- Some volunteers bring their children to help tutor. Their children learn the values of sharing, teaching, kindness, caring for others, and generosity.
- Some students get to finish their social action class requirements with us.
- We go home from the sessions with an incredible, inexplicable feeling of JOY!
April 13 & 27 (field trip outings)
May 11 & 25
May 18 (medical mission)
June 8 & 22
July 13 & 27
August 10 & 24
September 14 & 28
October 12 & 26
November 9 & 23
December 7 (christmas party)