Friday, February 23, 2018

Valentine VolunTutor



Being a volunTutor was one of the things I looked forward to, and surprisingly, I did it on Valentine's Day which made me a "ValenTutor".  

I can say that, this was the most memorable Valentine's Day I have experienced, because I believe the sharing of knowledge is the sharing of love.  

My first experience at He Cares was beyond my expectations.  First, the other tutors were very friendly and approachable.  Second, the place was interactive, and lastly, of course, the tutoring experience was fulfilling. 

For the tutoring part, it wasn't hard at all.  Renz, the kid I tutored was smart.  He was open (which I liked), because it somehow helped me to know more about him, and because tutoring must start with getting comfortable with the tutor and the student. 

But with the whole experience, my favorite part was when I helped Renz finished his valentine's card.  He was going to give it to a longtime tutor at the foundation.   Looking forward to do this again. 


by Laila Burgos

No comments:

Post a Comment